Monday, February 10, 2014

A Love For Books Day 6: Blogger Feature: Stacee

 Hey everyone! Today is officially day 6 for A Love for Books event here on the blog! Today I'm having a very special guest here, my good friend Stacee from Adventures of a Book Junkie! She's amazing, kind hearted, and down right hilarious. And I knew for an event like this I needed her to be a part of this event because if there's one thing she knows, it's book boyfriends. I'm not even kidding you right now. You want a swoony book boy? She's who you go to. Unless you're after one of hers. Then she will cut you. ANYWAY, she was more than kind enough to do a post for everyone for her favorite book boyfriends who I cannot stress enough are hers. She has proof. Literally.

Now let's all welcome the wonderful Stacee and her book boyfriends!


The topic of book boyfriends is one that is srs bsns in the book world.  And even though there’s so many awesome books out there [no doubt with awesome boys in them], often times there’s more people who want to stake a claim on a particular boy. 
I’m definitely one of those people.  When I read a boy that I like, I take assertive action.  I may or may not have a list on my phone of the boys who are mine.  As well as an easy-to-access photo album of all of my proof.  So, when Kayla asked if I could do a guest post about some of my book boyfriends, of course I said yes.  Because there are few things I like more than flaunting the boys that are mine.
This list will be in no particular order.  I don’t have favorites, obviously they are all my favorite boys. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have gone to the lengths that I did to get some of them… Oh, and I was going to include the proof for each one, but that would have been a lot of work. 
So, if you doubt any of these, come find me.  I’ll be happy to show you. ;)


1. Ben Michaels from Unraveling and Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris.
First off, he’s a time traveler. And he’s smart.  That pretty much sells it for me.  Seriously.  But, let’s add in some of Janelle’s description of Ben.

“This guy who dresses like a stoner and tries to fade into the background, even though he’s intelligent and full of opinions. Even though he knows how to debate for the fun of it. This guy who steals a password to hack into the school’s mainframe and change schedules, but has an honor code about it and hasn’t ever changed his grades. This guy who I saved from drowning in the ocean and has never let go of that.” [Unraveling, page 160-161]

Want some swoons from Ben? “You’re my anchor. You were the first thing I saw when I got here. You pulled me out of the water, and I knew that we’d be okay. Even if we were stuck here.” [Unraveling, pg 274]

And when we get to the ILYs? “Janelle Tenner, I will always fucking love you.” [Unraveling, pg 442]. I mean, a guy who swears while saying I love you? Yah.  I’m so sold. 

Ben will always be extra special.  He was the first boy who was ever officially given to me.  The story about getting him is long and detailed, so I’ll leave it out. But, I will say thanks to Kassiah for getting him for me, and of course, thanks to Elizabeth who has inscribed Ben’s being mine in every single copy of her books that I own.  [And that would be the hardcovers, UK versions, paperback and e-copies.] Oh and she named a character after me and set character Stacee up on a date with Ben.  Epic win. [Granted, I did win a contest, but still.]


2. Bennett Cooper from Time Between Us and Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone.
Bennett is also a time traveler, but he’s a music lover too.  He uses his gift to see the world and go to concerts. Yes. Please. Sign me up.

The first trip he takes Anna on it to a secluded island in Thailand. When they get back, she says, “I was just wishing I had a souvenir, like a postcard or something.” [Time Between Us, page 128]. And of course, my boy delivers, surprising her with a postcard souvenir a few scenes later after he made a special trip back to the island to get one.

And the ILY? Well, first off, it’s said while they’re in a fishing village in Italy.  “I don’t think I can go back to a life without you... I’m completely in love with you. And I guess I’m wondering…what if I didn’t leave, after all?” [Time Between Us, page 271] Pfft. Like Anna ever had a chance. I know I didn’t.

Bennett is was the first boy I traveled to get.  I drove from San Diego to San Francisco to be at Tamara’s launch party for Time Between Us and after I fangirled all over her, I asked for him in my inscription. And I got him.


3. Noah Shaw from The Unbecoming [Evolution/Retribution] of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.
Noah.  I don’t even know where to start with this boy.  He’s British.  He’s cocky.  He’s sort of an asshole. Or an “asscrown” according to Mara. He speaks in innuendo. He swears. A lot. He rescues dogs. And I looooooove him.

When Mara’s sketchbook gets stolen by mean girl Anna, Noah comes to the rescue, telling her, “My girl is talented.” [Unbecoming, page 170]. And then he goes on. “I’m a vain bastard, and Mara indulges me. I’m just glad you didn’t get your greedy little claws on the other sketchbook. That would have been embarrassing. Now, get the fuck off me.” [Unbecoming, page 171] I mean, I could quote paragraphs of things Noah says that slay me. This boy is wicked…just do us all a favor and read these books.

Getting Noah was tricky.  Michelle was doing a small tour for Evolution and while we had planned on going to Y’allFest, it didn’t happen.  Hubs and I flew from Cali to Chicago to go to one of Michelle’s signings.  And yes, she signed Noah right over to me.


4. Sawyer Angotti from Crash and Bang and Gasp by Lisa McMann.
Sawyer and Jules are part of feuding families and when they were younger, secret friends.  at the end of Crash, he kisses her.  So when we pick up in Bang, it picks up…If you know what I mean. 
“My God. What the heck was I thinking all those years. I mean, it’s – it’s not just the this stuff, but the this…probably… Yeah.  It’s going to kill me.  For sure.” [Bang, page 50].

And then: “I wish you were here with me so I could hold you.” And: “I’m really very insanely much in love with you.” [Bang, page 116]

Obviously, there’s a lot more to Sawyer than hot kisses and swoony words.  I just don’t want to tell you about them because there could be some spoilers involved.  Sawyer was the first boy I ever asked an author for on Twitter.  Thankfully, Lisa was super cool and gave him to me even though I was only a few pages into the book.  Yeah, he’s that good.


5. Jeb Holt from Splintered, Unhinged and Ensnared by A.G. Howard.
What can I say about Jeb? He’s an artist.  Alyssa is his muse, so you can just imagine the hotness he comes up with. He has dimples. He follows her to Wonderland. He tends to get wet a lot… Okay, maybe that last one doesn’t count, but it does in my world.

The swoons are strong with this one and I don’t have the time or ambition to type them all down.  Besides, I wouldn’t want to take away the joy at finding them, so I’ll just leave you with this one…

“It’s me I’m losing control of. Hundreds of sketches, and I still can’t get enough of your face. Your neck. Your…I’m not wasting another second drawing you when I can touch you instead.” [Splintered, page 191] HOOR DOWN.  I REPEAT. HOOR DOWN.

Jeb was the first boy that I used bribery to get.  I mean, I may or may not have sent Anita an eggman statue and plied woo’d her with wine and Godiva in exchange for an arc of Unhinged. However, I’d like to think it was the constant daily nagging contact that broke down her defenses and agreed to let me have him. I do share Jeb with Bethany Crandell, but after reading some of the super sekrit emails that Anita has sent me, I’d rather have to share him than not get him at all.

Now.


This isn’t a complete list of the boys that I have, it’s just a sample. I had planned on talking about 10 of my boys, but I’ll be honest: I got caught up on skimming the books when I was looking for passages to quote.  And while it’s for “research”, I don’t think I would come up for air if I needed to look into another 5 boys.  Oh, but what a way to go, right? 


Whew! While I may not entirely agree on Jeb (Team Alyssa is Better Off Alone for the win!) but even I can admit the evidence she's conducted for all her choices are pretty swoon worthy! I would've loved to see what her other 5 choices would've been. Maybe I'll bug her about it later on. Now I hope you enjoyed all these swoony boys, just don't go after them or Stacee will throw a fit. Or more likely throw something at you. She's very protective of her boys! 

Thank you so much for stopping by Stacee! It means a lot! You're truly amazing, you know that?

If you guys don't follow her yet, go check out her blog! It's super cool and she always has the coolest bloggers, events, and books on it! Go check it out: http://toofondofbooks.com/

Now don't forget to stop by again tomorrow for more fun! And don't forget to enter the giveaway for awesome prizes of awesomeness!




~Kayla~

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh Bennett! <3333 And I REALLY need to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me!! I had the best time doing this and it was my first guest post!! I may or may not come off like a crazy person, but I think a good book boyfriend will do that to you. And any time you want to know the rest of my boys, just let me know. I looooooove to talk about them.

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete