Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Love for Books Day 2: Author Feature: Paula Stokes

Hi everyone! Welcome to the second day of the A Love for Books event! Today we have the wonderful author Paula Stokes, author of Art of Lainey which is to be released May 20 2014! In case you didn't know, Paula is also Fiona Paula, author of the Secrets of the Eternal Rose trilogy which are just fantastic! Paula is actually one of the first authors I've ever had the pleasure of talking to, besides to usual love for an author's book. We've talked about all sorts of things and she's my first author friend, which automatically means she has a special place in my heart. She's a truly wonderful and amazing person who doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Even if you don't like her books you should still follow her and just talk to her, because she's just beyond amazing. Now you should all feel special, I know I do, that Paula agreed to stop by on the blog even though she's super busy with life. She's agreed to do an interview with me so let's welcome Paula!



Questions:
1. When you hear "Valentine's Day", what do you immediately think of?

Erm, if you want me not to cheat, the first thing that came to mind was the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. *side eyes* And we're off to a great start... *wonders if Kayla is regretting this interview yet*


2. Which are more enjoyable to read for you, contemporary romances or paranormal ones?

I just did a top ten YA couples post for a blogger and it would seem that I prefer paranormal and dystopian romances over contemps. Which surprises me, but I guess there's something super-compelling about falling for a ghost or an emotionally scarred werewolf or your fellow tribute in the arena. Maybe this is why I'm single. Note to self: Must make more of an effort to live a dystopian life or seek out hot werewolf guys.


3. Do you prefer flowers or chocolates? I prefer chocolates because they are delicious!

Let's see. Chocolates, which are filled with caramel, coconut, or fluffy and delicious filling, or flowers that are prickly, sneezy, and shed dead flower pieces all over the freshly vacuumed carpet... Why does anyone like flowers?


4. Besides your own, which book boys do you find swoony?

I like dark and mysterious book boys--Cole from the Shiver trilogy, Cas from Anna Dressed in Blood, Ash from Black City, Cassel from the Curse Workers trilogy, and Gavriel from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, to name a few.


5. What's your best Valentine's Day memory? Doesn't have to be a date with a guy, can be whatever :)

Dude. This is actually a mix of two Valentine's Days with the same guy, I think. But one year we got dressed up in ridiculously fancy clothes just for fun and went to the all-night video arcade and played games all night. The next year he learned, like, ten Alice in Chains songs on the guitar for me (even though he hates Alice in Chains) as a surprise. He played them all and sang for me. it set the boy-bar very high, I must say.


6. Are there any traditions or things you like to do on or around V-day, besides going out with someone?

Other than the tradition of going to Walgreens and buying ridiculous amounts of half-priced chocolates the day after? :) Nope not so much. (I swear I am not as lame as I seem...I don't think.)


7. What's your dream way to spend V-day?

As someone who spent all of her twenties and some of her thirties working in restaurants and hospitals, I have worked almost every holiday since I can remember and will probably have to work this Valentine's Day too. But my ideal Valentine's Day would involve hanging out with an awesome guy doing fun Oregon stuff--hiking or kayaking or hitting a bunch of hip coffee shops. Or maybe seeing a ballet or a basketball game or checking out a local band in some dive music club. Cooking for each other and having a movie marathon--only NON love-themed movies allowed--would also be fun. Basically anything that isn't getting dressed up in uncomfortable clothes and going out to a crowded restaurant--that's the worst thing ever to do on a holiday in my opinion :)



What did you guys think? I truly loved this interview for multiple reasons, and Paula's answers only help strengthen my argument that she is my spirit animal. Ugh I adore her. Thank you so so much for stopping by, Paula, despite your busy schedule! It means so much and it's a huge honor to have you! I hope you all enjoyed this interview as much as I did! And if you haven't checked out Paula's books, whether it be Lainey or her books under her pen name, then you seriously should go do that! Make sure you all stop by again tomorrow for even more fun!

a Rafflecopter giveaway



~Kayla~

3 comments:

  1. Great interview. I am dying for this book. I requested it on EW, crossing my fingers. Thanks for the giveaway Kayla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I have mean bones. Just ask any writer who knows me :D *snark snark gripe* But it's sweet that I'm your first author-friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for The Art of Lainey! One of my favourite historical fiction series is her Secrets of the Eternal Rose trilogy.

    ReplyDelete