Monday, February 3, 2014

A Love for Books Day 1: Author Feature: Sara Raasch

Hi everyone! Today is officially the first day of the A Love for Books event! Who better to start this event off than the lovely author Sara Raasch, author of Snow Like Ashes which comes out Fall 2014! She's such a wonderful and nice person to talk to and if you haven't heard of her, shame on you! She's awesome and her book sounds awesome and I want it! Anyway, Sara was so kind to participate and she's decided to do a Top Ten post for us! Now let's have Sara take it away!


Bio: Sara Raasch has known she was destined for bookish things since the age of five, when her friends had a lemonade stand and she tagged along to sell her hand-drawn picture books too. Not much has changed since then — her friends still cock concerned eyebrows when she attempts to draw things and her enthusiasm for the written word still drives her to extreme measures. Her debut YA fantasy, SNOW LIKE ASHES, the first in a trilogy, comes out Fall 2014 from Balzer + Bray. It does not feature her hand-drawn pictures.


SNOW LIKE ASHES Summary: Meira, a fierce chakram-wielding warrior from the Kingdom of Winter, must struggle to free her people from the tyranny of an opposing kingdom while also protecting her own destiny.


 Hi, all! Sara Raasch here, author of the upcoming YA fantasy, SNOW LIKE ASHES. In honor of Valentine’s Day, I’m here to talk to you about a very serious subject. Namely,

The swoonworthiest YA couples!

Or, at least, the couples that I find the swoonworthiest. You’re fully allowed to disagree with my rankings, but it’s Valentine’s Day, so I think we can all at least appreciate the glory of these pairings.

SNOW LIKE ASHES definitely has its fair share of swoonworthy couples, but what other couples make my heart beat faster?


10) Flick and Joi from HOW TO LEAD A LIFE OF CRIME. They have the same “he’s dark and sad and injured by a troubled past and she’s badass and fierce and protective” vibes that make me such an avid Zutara fan. 

9) Ananna and Naji from THE ASSASSIN’S CURSE. She’s a pirate; he’s an assassin. If you didn’t shiver with awesomeness at that description, you might want to check your pulse.

8) Katsa and Po from GRACELING. I have a soft spot for what I call “Badass Heroines and the Guys Who Follow Them Around and Secretly Save Them.”

7) Kestrel and Arin from THE WINNER’S CURSE. This book comes out soon—March 4th—but that still leaves too much time for me to wallow in my lonesomeness, bemoaning my love of this couple on my own. Hurry up, world! Fall in love with Kestrel and Arin so I have someone else to whine with.

6) Max and Fang from the Maximum Ride series. She is badass, he is dark and mysterious; she is take-charge and motherly, he is quiet and protective. Besides, their names ROCK.

5) Kyra and Fred from POISON. Not only is this book the epitome of adorable, Kyra and Fred are cute enough that every time I even think of them I get all giggly. Throw in political intrigue, deadly poisons, and a quirky pet pig, and this relationship has everything you need for a good time!

4) Gemma and Kartik from A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY. I’m not sure I can talk about them without blubbering incoherently, so I’ll just leave it at that. *sobs*

3) Gretchen and Daniel from PRISONER OF NIGHT AND FOG. This book comes out April 22. She’s a Nazi; he’s a Jew. Yeah, it IS that awesome.

2) Vivienne and Marcus from CAMELOT BURNING. This book doesn’t come out until May 8th (I know, I know, another not-yet-released book. I’d be sorry, but I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH). With her ingenuity and his violet eyes (yep—violet eyes. We don’t stand a chance), it’s a match made in Avalon.

And my #1 Swoonworthy YA Couples pick…

1) Tosh and Amy from Natalie Whipple’s RELAX, I’M A NINJA. This book comes out June 3rd, but trust me, the wait is so completely worth it. Tosh and Amy are adorable in every way possible—they just FIT together, ya know? Like peanut butter and jelly. Like macaroni and cheese. Like yin and yang.


Ooo I'm liking these couples! Unfortunately I've only actually read about Max and Fang, but those other couples certainly sound good, I'll definitely have to give them a shot in the future! Thank you so much Sara for the wonderful post and for stopping by on the blog! It was such a delight to have you! I hope you all enjoyed today's post! Make sure to stop by tomorrow for more fun! 

~Kayla~

1 comment: